The Department of Physics is pleased to announce the Valentino Scholarship, which is equal to the cost of in-state tuition for four years and is awarded to one incoming student per year who plans to major in physics or engineering physics at The Ohio State University. This scholarship competition is open to any high school senior applying to Ohio State who has has declared a major of physics or a pre-major of engineering physics.
Rules and Regulations
- Eligibility for this scholarship is limited to students enrolling in The Ohio State University in Autumn 2018 who will major in physics or engineering physics. The competition is open to both U.S. citizens and non-U.S.citizens and is not limited to residents of Ohio.
- This competition is not affiliated with the application process to The Ohio State University. All application materials for this scholarship, including high school transcript, must be sent to the address below to assure full consideration for the scholarship. Unlike the other requested materials, the committee does have access to view the ACT/SAT score you've sent to the university, so you will not need to resend your official test scores.
- The scholarship will pay up to the equivalent of full in-state tuition for a up to a maximum of 4 years, as long as the student continues to make good progress toward a degree in physics or engineering physics.
- If the student withdraws from the physics or engineering physics major, or fails to make adequate progress toward a physics or engineering physics degree, the scholarship will be terminated.
- All applicants must take the SAT or the ACT.
- The scholarship recipient will be determined by a combination of high school courses and grades, letters of recommendation, SAT or ACT scores, and the online application completed by the applicant.
- The amount of this award will be added after any other non-need-based financial aid is awarded, up to the maximum allowed by The Ohio State University.
Required Application Materials
1. Online Application
2. Two letters of recommendation from people who know the applicant well. At least one letter must come from a high school teacher and the other can be from a teacher, or in exceptional cases, someone else qualified to evaluate the applicant's mathematical and scientific abilities. Please give the letter writers the letter writer instruction form.
3. High school transcript can be emailed by the school to Robin Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR mailed to the address below:
2018 Physics Valentino Scholarship
Ms. Robin Patterson
OSU Department of Physics
191 W. Woodruff Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Application deadline is 11:59pm on Friday March 2, 2018.
For questions or further information, please contact Lindsey Thaler at email@example.com or 614-247-1635.
[PDF] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. These are designated by [PDF] following the link. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader