Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! You have worked hard to earn it and there are only a few steps remaining until you are approved for graduation. In order to be certified for graduation, please follow these steps, which should be done the term prior to your graduation.
- Complete the online graduation survey. Arts and Sciences Physics majors complete the ASC Physics Survey and Engineering Physics majors will complete the Engineering Physics Survey. Contact Lindsey Thaler for the password to the survey.
- Make an appointment with Lindsey Thaler to pick up your signed major program form and complete your graduation application.
Graduation Application Deadlines
To ensure the classes you take during your last term at OSU will meet the requirements for graduation, we require students to apply for graduation a term prior to graduating. Below are the deadlines to submit your graduation paperwork and complete the graduation survey.
Spring 2018 (graduation date of May 6, 2018) - Apply for graduation by December 8, 2017
Summer 2018 (graduation date of August 5, 2018) - Apply for graduation by May 4, 2018
Autumn 2018 (graduation date of December 16, 2018) - Apply for graduation by August 17, 2018
Looking to start a full time job after you graduate? It is recommended that students begin their job search 6-8 months prior to graduating. Therefore, if a student is graduating in May, he or he should start their job search in September. The first step in your job search should be to register with Career Services. Additional information to aid you in your job search can be found on the Careers in Physics page.
OSU offers many career fairs that are suitable for Physics and Engineering Physics majors. Career fairs are a wonderful opportunity to come face-to-face with potential employers, some of which will schedule interviews with students on the spot. The following career fairs are recommended for Physics and Engineering Physics majors (and are open to all OSU students):
- Buckeye Careers Campus Job Fair (August 29, 2017)
- Career and Internship Fair (September 12-13, 2017)
- International Career Fair (September 14, 2017)
- Engineering Career Expo (September 20-21, 2017)
- Summer Internship & Opportunity Fair (January 23, 2018)
- SWE Engineering Career Fair (January 30, 2018)
Graduate School Information
Students who are planning to continue their education after finishing their Bachelor's Degree should meet with an advisor to discuss the timeline and requirements of applying to graduate or professional school. Students planning to pursue a Ph.D. or Master's degree in Physics will be required to complete the Physics GRE during the early part of their senior year.
Additional information pertaining to the Physics GRE can be found on the Physics GRE Prep webpage.