Professor Lou DiMauro has recently been named as a member of the Board on Physics and Astronomy at the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine for a term ending in June 2020. The Board on Physics and Astronomy (BPA) seeks to inform the government and the public about the importance of science and what is needed to advance physics and astronomy and why it is important. From the BAP website:
BPA Overall Objectives:
- Monitor the health of physics and astronomy
- Identify trends in research and new developments at the scientific forefronts.
- Foster interatctions with other fields and cooperation among academic disciplines.
- Strengthen connections to technology.
- Facilitate effective service to the nation.
- Improve public understanding of science.
- Encourage cooperation among federal agencies, government laboratories, and universities involved in research in physics and astronomy.
Congratulations Lou on this important assignment!