OSU Travel Policy https://osutravel.osu.edu/policy/ This policy covers that if you would need to travel related to your research for a conference, seminar, workshop or summer school, you MUST enter your travel into the e-Travel system and have it approved PRIOR to your leaving for your trip. Please consult with your research group’s administrative support person when planning your trip.Pre-trip
Pre-approval is required for all OSU Business related trips.
To Gain Pre-trip Approval:
* Fill out the online eTravel request at etravel.osu.edu and email your administrative support person at least a week prior to departure or sooner if possible to noitfy them of your upcoming travel. Airfare requests should be requested as far in advance as possible to keep the ticket cost low.
Information for Completing your Travel Request:
- Business purpose should include as many answers as applicable to where you're going, to what, why, to see whom, dates, and the talk/conference titles.
- Personal travel is allowed as long as it's specified before you leave.
- Leave the funding source blank if you don’t know the funding that will be paying for your trip. Your administrative support person will fill in the appropriate chartfield if you leave it blank.
- Prepay ticket directly from the department. You should with your administrative support person and the Uniglobe or Travel Solutions agent to select an itinerary for purchase.
- We recommend against purchasing your own tickets due to the travel policies of the university that must be followed. If you elect to purchase your own tickets, please consult with your administrative support person prior to purchasing your airfare.
For best results use this site for making rental car reservations, click on "Web Reservations: Business Rental Solutions".
- National and Enterprise are the preferred vendors.
- When using a company other than National or Enterprise: Purchasing of LDW and CDW is required!
- Economy size must be chosen unless a reason for larger size is provided.
- If wanting a larger car without just cause, a cost comparison can be done to reimburse the cheaper option, economy vs larger size.
- Full Per diem, look up the rate for the city/cities you will be traveling too with this link http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21287
- Partial Per diem, specify what flat rate you'd like to receive each day in place of full per diem.
- Decline all per diem for entire trip.
- Submitting Itemized receipts, we do not recommend this option.
* Please note that it is University Policy to not give a per diem allowance for any meals that are provided as part of the workshop, seminar, or served on your flight. Meals would be noted in your conference agendas and flight itineraries and where appropriate, advanced permission for an exception for dietary restrictions could be accomodated.
- Receipt must be for one person unless otherwise noted.
- This may be able to be prepaid if you'd like but you must request it at least 1 week before the deadline. Otherwise, include receipt with proof of payment for reimbursement after you attend the conference.
Other Misc Estimated Expenses
- This includes expenses for taxi, ground transportation, internet charges, etc. Note that a business purpose will be required for all internet or wireless access charges.
- Enter $100 if expenses are expected to be none or unknown. This will provide a cushion for flexibility when it is time for reimbursement.
Trip Max / Cash Advance
- No, unless otherwise discussed.
3rd Party Reimbursement
- If any expenses are expected to be reimbursed by another institution, please specify what you expect to receive here.
Funding Approval Signature
See your administrative support person